What To Do If Your Eyelashes Are Falling Out!
Finding their eyelashes falling out can cause people to panic, not only because of the possible impact this can have on their appearance, but also because of the possible health problems they may be having, with eye lashes falling out being only a symptom of a much more serious problem. This article takes a look at some of the solutions you can turn to if you want to get rid of your problem.
Causes for eyelashes to fall out
Before looking at the possible solutions to your problem, it’s important to understand what can possibly cause eyelashes to fall out. There are several triggers that can cause eyelashes falling out. These include:
- Trichotillomania. Trichotillomania is a psychological problem wherein a person compulsively pulls out his or her hair, including the eyelashes. This is usually triggered by stress and depression. Thrichotillomania is theorized to be related to obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease that does not just cause eyelashes to fall out, but also hair in other parts of the body as well.
- Blepharitis. Blepharitis causes a person to obsessively rub his or her eyelids, which can then damage the hair follicles of the lashes, triggering eyelashes falling out. On a related note, not having blepharitis but continuing to rub on your eyelids can also damage your eyelashes’ hair follicles, causing the hairs to fall out.
- Dermatitis. Believe it or not, the eye makeup that youre currently using may actually be the reason behind your eyelashes falling out. Some ingredients used to make your makeup can trigger an allergic reaction, causing your eyelashes to fall out.
- Thyroid condition. Thyroid problems such as hyperthyroidism can cause your eyelashes to fall out. In some instances, some people have experienced small clumps of their lashes falling out because of thyroid problems.
- Aging and hormonal changes. Growing older and having your hormone levels fluctuate can also cause your eyelashes to fall out.
Treatment for eyelashes falling out
The treatment for eyelashes falling out will depend on what actually caused your eyelashes to fall out in the first place. Those who have falling eyelashes due to trichotillomania may need to get psychological help so they will be able to keep themselves from pulling out their hair.
Consulting with a dermatologist is best for those who have blepharitis, alopecia areata, and dermatitis to confirm their diagnosis. Medications may be prescribed to treat alopecia and areata and blepharitis. Treatment of dermatitis is usually as simple as stopping using the cosmetics that trigger the allergic reaction.
Other ways to prevent eyelashes falling out
As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure, which is why it is better to take steps in order to avoid experiencing the problem of eyelashes falling out. Some tips that you can follow to prevent this from happening are:
- Washing your face before going to bed. If you’re the kind of person who can’t resist wearing mascara before heading out, make sure that you at least remove your makeup at the end of the day to keep the chemicals from harming your skin and causing your eyelashes to fall out.
- Avoiding curling or crimping your eyelashes. Pulling and tugging your eyelashes can damage the hair follicles of your lashes, causing your eyelashes to fall out. As such, try to refrain from using eyelash curlers or crimping tools to avoid damaging your lashes.
- Avoid stress. Stress is actually said to be one of the biggest contributors that can trigger eyelashes falling out, so try to avoid getting into situations that will make you stressed and frustrated. If you can’t do so, find ways that will help you manage your stress better. Pick up a hobby. Learn to meditate. Instead of focusing on your problems, clear your mind from these issues. Not only will de-stressing help you avoid eyelashes falling out, it can also improve your overall health as well.
- Observe a proper diet. Your food choices can also affect your problem of eyelashes falling out. As such, choose a balanced diet. Instead of your diet comprising primarily of fast food items and junk food, you can choose fruits, vegetables, and other healthier choices. That way, you will be able to strengthen your hair and lessen the chances of your eyelashes falling out.
- Use eyelash strengthening products. Thankfully, there are now products such as Idol Lash that have been developed to help you in making your lashes not only thicker and longer, but also thicker and less prone to damage and falling. By using these products, you will be able to strengthen your lashes so as to avoid eyelashes falling out.
Following these tips can help you avoid the problem of eyelashes falling out. However, if your eyelashes continue to fall at an alarming rate even while following these tips, it might be a good idea to consult with a dermatologist to have your condition checked. That way, you will be able to get proper treatment for your condition.
Filed under: Idol Lash
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!